MINISTERST Chess is symmetric chess that employs a 9x9 board and 36 chess pieces. Each player has 1 king, 2 ministers (queens), 2 bishops, 2 knights, 2 rooks and 9 pawns. The two ministers flank the king, eliminating its conventional chess bishop-side weakness.
MINISTERST is a larger, dynamic, fascinating and more open game. In MINISTERST due to the larger 81-squares board, 17 squares more than the conventional chess 64-squares board, the range of attack of the pieces is increased, and more elaborate maneuvers can be executed where an army can even encircle the other. The Third Edition includes:
- Rigid Folding Board (19-1/2"x19-1/2")
- -9x9 MINISTERS CHESS pattern on one side
- -8x8 conventional chess pattern on the other
- Additional Vinyl Roll-Up 9x9 MINISTERS CHESS board (19-1/2"x19-1/2")
- MINISTERS CHESS cloth bag 12"x7" to carry your
- Tournament Sized Chess Pieces (King 3-3/4" Pawn 2")