Our Yugoslavia Staunton originates from the chess set designed for the 1950 Chess Olympiad held in Dubrovnik,Yugoslavia. This unique and handsome Staunton design has since become a favorite for chess players around the world and one of our most popular chess sets. We made a few minor changes such as adding a tapered base to enhance appearance and balance of the chess pieces while maintaining the integrity of the intended design. You'll love playing with this chess set whether it's a casual game at home or a tournament match.
Chess Set Specifications & Features:
- Golden Rosewood & Boxwood
- 4 queen set, 2 spare queens for promotion
- King Height: 3.25"
- King Base: 1 3/8"
- King Weight: 1.8 ozs
- Set Weight: 2 lbs 3 ozs
- Double Weighted Chess Pieces
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Includes The Chess Store Authenticity Card
- Does Not Include Chess Board